In Eastern philosophy, the foot is called the main instrument of human contact with life. While walking, we become one with the earth and nature. Foot massage began to be practiced in ancient China about three thousand years ago, and now it occupies an important place in Chinese medicine. Recently, this type of massage is gaining popularity with us. Now here we see some benefits of foot massage on below article.
How does a foot massage help?
The general strengthening effect of such a massage should be noted first. It helps relieve tension and is utilized in preventative and medical procedures. Muscle strengthening is possible with a foot massage that is done expertly. As a result, the pain that occasionally arises while walking or performing other daily tasks will be lessened. Women who must wear high heels in particular experience foot pain for an extended period of time. You won’t feel as exhausted when walking after getting a foot massage.
After a long day of work, whether it be cleaning, washing, child care, or hard work in the office, it frequently happens that the legs are simply humming with exhaustion. In this situation, foot massage is also beneficial because it eases pain and promotes bodily relaxation and healing.
The blood vessel stagnation is removed and the foot’s depreciation function is restored by the foot massage. They point out the beneficial effects of massage in conditions affecting our body’s neurological, respiratory, digestive, and cardiovascular systems. The foot is referred to as a type of bodily exhibition, from which it is possible to infer the patient’s condition of health.
How is a foot massage done and what does it feel like?
It’s important to become familiar with the patient’s skin before to the massage and make sure they don’t have any skin conditions like fungus. Following antiseptic treatment, the master applies specific massage strokes from the fingertips to the heel, rubbing the massaged area to promote blood circulation and raise body temperature.
This benefits of foot massage process are incredibly relaxing. tranquility and high! You can unwind completely in the care of an excellent master. You feel happier and tension is reduced by it.
Top 10 awesome benefits of foot massage
With massage, you can boost your immune system, reduce stress, and enhance your general health. Kneading the feet can enhance blood circulation, activate the lymphatic system, and lower tension across the entire body of the mouse, not just the legs. Additionally to easing back and joint discomfort, foot massage aids to restore the function of the internal organs.
According to the “points” theory, which oriental medicine is based on, each human organ is directly connected to a particular point that is located in a particular area of the foot (see figure). By applying pressure to these points during a massage, you can therefore get rid of certain upsetting issues with the body person. This hypothesis describes how foot massage affects the entire body.
- Avoid lymph buildup: The lymphatic system is responsible for eliminating waste, poisons, and other unwanted substances from the body. Sometimes, particular situations cause the lymph to accumulate and develop. This also affects the lymphatic system’s ability to get rid of waste and leads to accumulation in the arms and legs.
- Relieves stress: Leg massages alleviate tension and anxiety while easing stress. Your pulse rate can be lowered, stiff muscles can be relaxed, and endorphins can be released with a relaxing leg massage. All of them ease tension and permit you to loosen up and relax.
- Aligning your posture: According to experts, poor posture not only causes back pain but also affects the legs. The misalignment of the hips and lower back can also be helped by giving your legs a regular massage.
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS): As a result of PMS, many women deal with a wide range of problems, from mental to physical. A good leg massage can help to relieve side effects like mood swings, tension, migraines, and headaches, which can effectively impede day-to-day activities. Regular leg and foot massages can be really helpful during this time.
- Foot massages can be effective in reducing joint pain. By relaxing the muscles around the joints and massaging the connective tissue that maintains these joints in place, massage is beneficial. The ability of massages to relieve tension in firm muscles is quite persuasive given that joint discomfort can also be made worse by muscular tightness. The tension around the joints is relieved by releasing the surrounding tissue, which also lessens some of the discomfort brought on by irritation of the tissues around the joints.
- Circulation is improved: Our excessively sedentary way of life significantly reduces blood flow and circulation in our legs. A quick leg massage keeps the blood flowing better and keeps the muscles moving.
- Foot massage is a terrific exercise in and of itself because it helps to prevent injuries. It boosts blood flow, stretches our muscles, and increases our mobility. The likelihood that an injury may happen during exercise or a sporting event is greatly reduced by the muscles becoming more relaxed.
- Muscle recovery: For those who enjoy working out, the soreness following a strenuous workout may be enough to discourage you from working out. For those who work out frequently, the dreaded discomfort following a challenging workout may be sufficient to make you never want to work out again. DOMS, or delayed onset muscle soreness, is another name for this discomfort. A leg massage can help with DOMS treatment and hasten your recovery. It is well known that massages can speed up muscle recovery and reduce muscular expansion.
- Oedema: Massaging the foot can help prevent oedema, which is a common problem for pregnant women. Oedema develops when there is fluid retention and there is swelling in the feet and ankles. Any possible angst can be greatly reduced with foot massages.
- Insomnia: Lack of sleep is a complicated issue. Some of the causes include different medications (such as caffeine, nicotine, and the asthma medication you use), shift work, stress, grief, and depression. Sometimes we just are unsure of the underlying reason for sleep deprivation. However, we think that leg massages frequently have a significant impact on your sleep. Foot massages can lower your stress levels and promote slumber.
Foot massage has a number of contraindications
- A tendency to form blood clots in the blood vessels (thrombocytosis);
- Oncological pathologies;
- Active form of tuberculosis;
- Skin and/or infectious diseases;
- Inflammation of the joints;
- The presence of open wounds.
Additionally, specialists advise against massaging the legs right after eating or on an empty stomach.
As a result, benefits of foot massage have a potent calming effect, eases chronic fatigue syndrome, enhances general wellbeing, enhances blood circulation and skin nutrition, has the ability to circulate lymph, and eases muscle tension. This results in healing, the disappearance of insomnia, the reduction of leg discomfort and swelling, and the arrival of an inner sense of peace. There are nuFmerous methods for giving foot massages at home. However, it is preferable to consult with a qualified vertebrologist and obtain a treatment plan that is tailored to each patient individually.